Wednesday, January 2, 2008

An Introduction



Hello.

I know. The place looks rather sparse. I just moved here. Well, not entirely. I only partially moved here. But my other home was getting kind of crowded. I know, I should really curb my bad fashion habit, but I can't stop reading and commenting on women's magazines and fashion shows or showing off my new cone-heeled platforms. That's why I needed another place -- to store all my thoughts on music and films and books, which have been piling up and collecting dust since I started working on a masters in fashion journalism and spending my days trolling the style.com archives and reading Roland Barthes and Thorstein Veblen and, um, Vogue.

This space is to be more free-form, random: a film and music journal with maybe some short book reviews thrown in. (I also write book reviews for these guys.) I will continue writing about fashion and the media on my other blog.

Anyway, welcome!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yay! More Raquel! (You are quite the prolific blogger!)

Unknown said...

Haha. Thanks! That's b/c I don't have a full-time job...

Carl Yost said...

Oh great, now I have to add ANOTHER entry to my Google Reader. (I'm looking forward to it!)

Unknown said...

Teehee. Yay!